Fresh California-Grown Produce in Your Own Back Yard
Open Thursdays Rain or Shine except Thanksgiving! Fall/Winter hours are now in effect; we are open from 4 pm to 7 pm in historic South Pasadena by the Metro Gold Line at South Pasadena Station.
Located on Meridian Ave. and El Centro Street next to the Gold Line South Pasadena Station. Free public parking is available in the Mission Meridian Parking lot, just north of Mission Street on Meridian Avenue. Parking may also be available in the school district parking lot (when there are no school events taking place). Come check out the Iron Works Museum, operated by the South Pasadena Preservation Foundation.
The Award-Winning Market is in its eighteenth year. It is managed by the nonprofit South Pasadena Chamber of Commerce.
The Market has been recognized as one of the best in the land. Here’s why:
- All our certified farmers grow the produce they sell. They do not buy it from second party sellers, ensuring quality, fresh produce, generally picked within 24 hours of appearing at the Market
- Named “Best Evening Farmers’ Market” by LA Weekly, “Best Farmers’ Market” by Pasadena Weekly and “Best Market East of Hollywood” by Hometown-Pasadena.com.
- Highlighted by NBC Channel 4’s Joel Grover and KCRW’s “Which Way LA?” as an authority on catching fraud in Farmers’ Market.
- The Market gives all people access to fresh fruits and vegetables through Nutritional Assistance Programs, WIC (Women, Infants, Children,) and the Senior Farmers’ Market Nutritional Program as well as Cal Fresh (EBT).
- Providing free public events at the Market such as the Health & Wellness Festival, Annual Bike Clinic, Healthy Happy Halloween, the Holiday Tree Lighting Celebration, and more!
- Annual FREE flu shot clinic sponsored by Huntington Hospital
- The Local Market Annex featuring local businesses
- Community Corner for local nonprofits including South Pasadena Arts Council, Relay for Life, the Water Council and more.
- Hosting the national Farm to Table Tour by Toyota bringing record numbers of market attendees and featuring eight local chefs and a celebrity who created gourmet samples.
About Community Corner and the Local Business Market Annex
“Community Corner” is an area in the Market Annex where nonprofit organizations and community groups who are active in South Pasadena can promote their causes. Interested? Simply review the Market Annex Rules, below, and submit an application if it looks like a fit.
The Market Annex also allows certain local businesses to participate. (You must offer food-related, healthy lifestyle or environmentally-oriented products or services, and either be a local business operating in zip code 91030, or a Chamber Member.) Interested participants can download the Market Annex Rules 06 30 16 to see if your business is eligible.
To find out more or submit an application, call Sharon at the Chamber at 626-441-2339, or email email@example.com
Nutritional Assistance Programs
The South Pasadena Farmers’ Market accepts CalFresh (the new name for SNAP, formerly known as Food Stamps), WIC for women, Infants & Children and the Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP)
SFMNP is a seasonal assistance program.
- LA County Helps info on Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
- SFMNP – Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program
Certified Agricultural Producers and Non Agricultural Vendors interested in joining the South Pasadena Farmers’ Market may download these PDF files and email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to South Pasadena Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 3446, South Pasadena CA 91031. For a copy of our Market Rules, email the Market Manager at email@example.com